Valley Montessori Academy (VMA) is committed to promoting the intellectual, emotional and physical development of the whole child, according to the educational philosophy developed by Maria Montessori and guided by the principals of the American Montessori Association (AMS).
Within the context of a three-year early childhood, mixed-age program we seek to provide an excellent academic environment that promotes self-respect, independence, nurtures a love of learning, inspires creativity, stimulates growth and development of the young child. At VMA we welcome families of varied ethic, religious and socio-economic back- grounds who share Maria Montessori`s passion for inclusivity and interconnectedness.
At the Valley Montessori Academy we aim to provide high-quality, comprehensive education that fosters your child’s love of learning and addresses the whole child academically, emotionally, and socially. The Montessori curriculum varies by program; however the goals for our school are consistent:
- To enter a partnership with parents in the education of their children
- To lead children toward mastery of individually identified intellectual, social, physical, and daily life skills
- To foster in the children deep and persistent curiosity that will lead to lifelong pursuit of knowledge
- To help children develop self-confidence, become an independent, responsible, self-disciplined and self-motivated learner
- To assist each child develop a habitat of concentration
- To instill in each child a sense of personal responsibility for the world in which we live
- To spark in our children wonder, imagination, and joy